12:58 p.m: Candidate submitting for the 2022 statewide major and rescheduled municipal elections will resume at 8 a.m. February 24 and finish at midday March 4.
On December 8, the N.C. Supreme Courtroom suspended the submitting interval, which had begun December 6, and moved the date of the statewide major and rescheduled municipal elections to Tuesday, Could 17. The overall election is November 8.
Candidates who filed earlier than the suspension of the submitting interval don’t have to re-file in the event that they nonetheless want to run for a similar workplace. Nevertheless, these candidates might withdraw their candidacy throughout the brand new submitting interval and as a substitute file for every other workplace for which they’re eligible. The deadline to withdraw is the shut of enterprise on March 1.
“Selecting to run for an elected workplace is a serious choice,” stated Karen Brinson Bell, govt director of the State Board of Elections. “We wish submitting to be a clean and customer-friendly course of for all candidates, and we’ve got strived to create an environment friendly and protected surroundings for everybody.”
Relying on the workplace sought, candidates will file their Notices of Candidacy with both their county board of elections or the State Board of Elections.
Candidates for the next workplaces will file with the State Board:
- U.S. Senate
- U.S. Home of Representatives
- N.C. Supreme Courtroom Justice
- Choose of the N.C. Courtroom of Appeals
- Superior Courtroom decide
- District Courtroom decide
- District lawyer
Candidates for the next workplaces file with their county board of elections:
- N.C. Senate
- N.C. Home of Representatives
- All county and municipal workplaces
Essential: Candidates submitting with the State Board will file on the Governor James G. Martin Constructing, 4381 Trinity Highway, Raleigh, positioned on the N.C. State Fairgrounds. (Observe: It is a change in location, as candidate submitting in December was held within the Exposition Middle, additionally on the Fairgrounds.)
Candidates, friends, and members of the media ought to enter the Fairgrounds by means of Gate 9 on Trinity Highway. (See Fairgrounds map.)
Due to the smaller submitting area on the Martin Constructing, candidates submitting throughout busy instances could also be requested to attend outdoors till it’s their time to file.
For candidates submitting with the State Board, the next hours apply: From 8 a.m. to five p.m. on all enterprise days in the course of the submitting interval, aside from Friday, March 4, when submitting is open from 8 a.m. to midday.
For submitting hours and handle for a particular county board of elections, candidates ought to contact the county board. Contact data is offered right here: County Boards of Elections Info.
Candidates can discover extra data at Operating for Workplace.
Submitting charges are required for all workplaces, except a candidate has submitted a sound petition in lieu of paying a submitting charge, and the petition has been licensed. For extra data, go to Submitting Charges.
As soon as filed, the deadline for a candidate to withdraw a Discover of Candidacy is the shut of enterprise on Tuesday, March 1.
Candidate submitting is a public course of and members of the media are welcome to attend. Those that want to cowl candidates as they file at the Martin Constructing on the Fairgrounds ought to RSVP to Patrick Gannon at email@example.com. Please contact the related county board of elections about native submitting.
The State Board will publish up to date candidate lists twice every day right here: Candidate Lists.
2022 Major Dates and Deadlines
- March 28, 2022: The date by which the boards of elections should make accessible absentee ballots, except decreased by 5 days beneath N.C.G.S. 163-227.10(a).
- April 22, 2022: Civilian voter registration deadline for the first.
- April 28, 2022: One-stop, in-person early voting interval begins for the first, beneath N.C.G.S. 163-227.2(b).
- Could 10, 2022: Deadline for civilians to submit an absentee poll request type for the first.
- Could 14, 2022: One-stop, in-person early voting interval ends at 3 p.m. for the first, beneath N.C.G.S. 163-227.2(b).
- Could 17, 2022: Election Day for the first and civilian absentee poll return deadline.