Domesticate a thriving backyard or design your subsequent panorama with backyard decor, flora and workshops at native plant nurseries and backyard facilities throughout Better Houston.
Whether or not you’re trying to begin a succulent backyard, searching for that uncommon unique excellent for the Houston local weather, or simply attempting to determine find out how to preserve your vegetation alive, the Better Houston space is brimming with locally-owned nurseries and backyard facilities that may enable you obtain all of it.
We’ve pegged a dozen of Better Houston’s prime plant nurseries that will help you in your gardening journey, from longtime neighborhood staples to tucked away hidden gems the place guests are welcome to wander for hours.
Plant Nurseries & Backyard Facilities in Better Houston
Heights & North Houston
- Buchanan’s Native Vegetation within the Heights – On eleventh Avenue, this beloved plant nursery has been churning out perennials and native vegetation to Houstonians for almost 40 years. Stroll by means of its spacious Heights digs to search out the hardy vegetation it is advisable to survive the Houston local weather, plus herbs, greens, bushes, shrubs, roses and backyard decor. E-book a spot in certainly one of their lessons and workshops to actually degree up your gardening information. 9am to 6pm each day.
- The Cactus King in Northside – The quirky nursery simply north of Little York Street makes a speciality of succulents, cactus, and agave throughout 15 greenhouses that boast a powerful regional variety. A preferred spot for landscapers and professionals, people can discover entry to wholesale provide of succulents that they will carry house to their very own assortment. Monday to Saturday 9am to 5pm; closed Sundays.
- Joshua’s Native Vegetation & Gardens within the Heights – A pair blocks east of Shepherd Drive on 18th Avenue, this family-run nursery makes a speciality of quite a lot of vegetation native to the Gulf Coast, making it an ideal place for newcomers and established inexperienced thumbs alike. The succulents are common pick-ups right here, as is the in depth assortment of containers and classic backyard decor. Tuesday to Sunday 9am to 5pm.
- JRN Nursery in North Houston – Off TX-249 in North Houston, JRN Nursery has been providing its numerous assortment of flora, from native vegetation to far-flung species of Asia and the Pacific, since 1986. Whether or not you’re trying to find houseplants or rarer varieties, swing by to take your choose of foliage, fruit bushes, flowers and extra. Monday to Saturday 9am to 6pm; Sunday 10am to 5pm.
- Zone 9 Tropicals within the Heights – Specializing in uncommon and unusual vegetation, this retail nursery within the Heights is simply open on weekends, although you may try their on-line retailer anytime. There you could find edible vegetation from around the globe, wealthy fragrants, ginger vegetation, vibrant flowering bushes, bonsai starters and extra. Saturday and Sunday midday to 5pm.
Tomball, Spring, Kingwood
- The Arbor Gate in Tomball – The quirky nursery in Tomball, affectionately referred to as “The Gate,” is positively filled with backyard decor from flooring to ceiling, in addition to specialty collections and weird vegetation to fill your cultivated beds at house. “Onerous to search out however straightforward to develop” is a motto of types for The Gate, however simply in case you discover your confidence missing, on-site lessons and workshop occasions will guarantee you understand one of the best planting practices. Sunday to Wednesday 9am to 5pm; Thursday to Saturday 9am to 6pm.
- Vegetation for All Seasons in Tomball & Spring – With two areas (one on Louetta Street and the opposite alongside TX-249), this family-owned and operated nursery has been serving Houstonians’ gardening wants since 1973. The complete service backyard heart may also help you in your hunt for shrubs, flowers, perennials, herbs and greens, and far more, as nicely has present supply, planting and customized potting companies. 9am to 5pm each day.
- Warren’s Southern Gardens in Kingwood – Within the final decade, this family-owned backyard heart in Kingwood has been serving all gardening ability ranges, serving to guests to search out prime quality vegetation, bushes and shrubs, flowers and extra whereas additionally working an entire panorama and design division that may enable you remodel your backyard into an oasis. Monday to Saturday 9am to five:30pm; Sunday 10am to 5pm.
Sugar Land, Rosenberg, Seabrook
- Caldwell Nursery in Rosenberg – Simply outdoors the Fort Bend County Fairgrounds, this horticultural heart is serving year-round gardening wants with a wide selection of unique and uncommon vegetation, together with a specialty in bamboo. Cease by to discover the 6 acres of surprising and native vegetation and don’t overlook to return within the springtime to peruse its hard-to-find sorts of roses. Wednesday to Saturday 9am to five:30pm.
- Cornelius Nursery in West Houston, Katy, Galveston & Sugar Land – Initially based in 1937, this Houston-based nursery (now part of the Calloway’s Nursery firm with areas throughout Texas) operates out of 4 areas, together with a just lately opened Tom’s Thumb storefront in Galveston. The longtime backyard suppliers pack tons of flora to degree up your flowerbeds, plus a large assortment of succulents, bushes and extra. 9am to 6pm each day in any respect areas.
- Enchanted Gardens & Forest in Rosenberg – These two backyard facilities collectively make up Enchanted Nurseries, with Gardens situated north of Rosenberg, and Forest about quarter-hour south of Sugar Land. Enchanted Gardens is a spacious heart for all ability ranges of gardeners with an enormous number of vegetation, bushes (together with fruit bushes), flowers and decor. Enchanted Forest is nestled amongst native Texas bushes and gives attractive grounds and a picturesque atmosphere to meet your planting wants. Collectively, each areas provide an uncrowded expertise amongst really scenic environment. Monday to Saturday 8am to 5pm; Sunday 10am to 4pm.
- Maas Nursery in Seabrook – Tucked away close to residential neighborhoods scattered on the coast of Trinity Bay, Maas is renown for his or her sprawling assortment of 1000’s of vegetation appropriate for the Houston local weather, in a positively wander-worthy atmosphere the place guests can simply spend hours among the many flora. Monday to Saturday 9am to 5pm; Sunday 10am to 5pm.